I wrote a poem for my grandmother who passed away in 2007.I sent it in for a contest hosted by White oak Press.

I also bought a copy of the anthology it was suppose to be published in. I received a receit and invoice and what not. That was March 2008. Here it is October 2009 and have not received anything from them.

I tried to call the company and there was no answer and no returned phone call. I am highly pissed because that was money I could have used else where and I want this taken care of.

Here soon i am going to take my complaint to the police.I do not suggest anyone to White Oak Press they are full of ***.

Had an Experience with White Oak Press?

Comments

The police will look at you and laugh.This is a copyright violation and you need to first get yourself a lawyer, study up on copyright laws, and then serve a copyright notice to them, state the damages caused, and that you intend to take them to court for those damages.

Look up how the RIAA and MPAA do it.They have a lot of online examples of notices gave.

As for jail or the police they will not do anything as this is considered debt they owe you and can't do a thing about it.

Authorhouse - DO NOT USE THIS SELF-PUBLISHING COMPANY Authorhouse "I have published 4 books with this AuthorHouse. I have given them the benefit of the doubt but I will NEVER publish with them again. They have proven to be..." Read more Magazine Outlet - Bizrate - As a Thank You - Claim your complimentary $100 Reward.   Magazine Outlet "I took a survey and they offered me some free complimentary along with issues of others for $2 each. I was picking out the magazines I wanted which were complimentary..." Read more Xlibris Complaint?  Buyer beware and be firm about what you want! Xlibris "Pretty much what I suspect after having published with Xlibris then re-formatting the original book and re-issuing it. I take responsibility for the writing and the illustrations. First time out..." Read more Lucky Tackle Box - *** company Lucky Tackle Box "I purchased my first box April 8th 2017....i was told my package would ship out of the 10th of every month until I decided to cancel....ok kewl. Almost a month..." Read more Screwed over by T-Mobile's Assurant cell phone insurance!  Assurant "I purchased a Note 7 phone through T-Mobile in September of 2016 as well as an insurance policy through Assurant for the phone. The phone was stolen in November of..." Read more Tj Maxx - Gum in my online order Tj Maxx "I recently received an online order. I sent it back today. The bralette I ordered was opened and someone stuck gum on the bralette with a now and later wrapper...." Read more Kemper Home Service Companies - DO NOT BUY KEMPER HOME INSURANCE Kemper Home Service Companies "I bought a new house in 2016. I did own a house prior to this in the same area for last 10 years. My agent told me that there is..." Read more Mr Appliance - The WORST service experience ever! Mr Appliance "After Irma we had a power outage for 36 hours. Then our KitchenAid fridge showed " Sabbath on" and we could not get out of it. I called "Mr Appliance"....TROY..." Read more